20th-Century and Contemporary Vocalities
Name and place of institution
Haute Ecole de Musique de Genève, Geneva, Switzerland.
Periods of the EOA module in 2017-2018
- September 18th, 2017 – December 15th, 2017*
(with possibility to extend until January 26th, 2018)
- February 19th, 2018 - May 19th, 2018*
* Full time Module for students currently studying for a bachelor, master’s or third cycle degree
- 2 or 3 weeks period** to choose in the semesters above between September 18th, 2017 and May 19th, 2018
** Intensive Module for students not currently studying for a bachelor, master’s or third cycle degree
Description of the module
- Vocal technique and style coaching in contemporary repertoire.
- Vocal improvisation and contemporary vocalities.
- Vocal coaching.
- Masterclass contemporary repertoire (methodology of scores lecture)
- Contemporary Chamber Music
- Public performances and discussion of all requirements of the chosen repertoire.
Speciality of this module in comparison with other courses in Europe
Full methodology programme about the different approaches to contemporary repertoire and contemporary vocalities. A choice of repertoire according to the student’s needs. Individual teaching with full recognition of the artistic potential and possibilities of each student.
Names of the Professors of this module
- Marcin Habela, Jeanne Roth (vocal technique and style coaching).
- Eric Trémoilières (vocal improvisation and contemporary vocalities).
- Nina Uhari, Simon Péguiron (vocal coaching).
- Luisa Castellani, Melody Louledjian (masterclass contemporary repertoire).
- Guy-Michel Caillat (Contemporary Chamber Music).
Possible extras in addition to the module
- Preparation of an entire role from 20th-century or contemporary opera repertoire, Nina Uhari.
- Grotowski’s Actor Training, Marc Mayoraz.
- History of contemporary opera, Brice Pauset.
- Masterclass and seminars.
- Professional Practice (career strategy, preparation for auditions and auditions at artistic institutions in Switzerland)
Number of EOA students
Min. 1 student, max. 2 students.
Number of ECTS credits within Master's accreditation
Duration of the EOA module
Full time: 3 months (or possibility of 4 months only in Wintersemester)
Intensive: 2 or 3 weeks (not available for Erasmus exchange students)
Number of teaching/production hours of the EOA module
Full time module: 100 hours
Intensive module: (not available for Erasmus exchange students) 21 hours of individual teaching (excluding Masterclasses and group activities)
- Application deadline: June 30th, 2017.
- Application deadline Erasmus exchange: June 30th, 2017.
- Please include a link to a video as well as a c.v. in your application.
Entrance examination: in Geneva, t.b.a.
Required repertoire: 4 different pieces from the 20th century and Contemporary repertoire.
Description of the final examination
Progress examination and final public performance (only in full time Module).
Total expenses of the EOA module per student
Full time Module : free for students in Erasmus Programme (Swiss mobility Programme).
Intensive Module : CHF 1000,00 for students outside Erasmus Programme (Swiss mobility Programme); not available for Erasmus exchange students).* **
*Prices do not include travel or living expenses.
** Prices are only applicable for students not currently studying for a bachelor, master's or third cycle degree.
Academy of music: Geneva
Period: winter, spring, autumn