French Repertoire (French Opera, French Song, possible extension to French Baroque Opera)
Name and place of institution
Haute Ecole de Musique de Genève, Geneva, Switzerland.
Periods of the EOA module in 2017-2018
- September 18th, 2017 – December 15th, 2017*
(with possibility to extend until January 26th, 2018)
- February 19th, 2018 - May 19th, 2018*
* Full time Module for students currently studying for a bachelor, master’s or third cycle degree
- 2 or 3 weeks period** to choose in the semesters above between September 18th, 2017 and May 19th, 2018
** Intensive Module for students not currently studying for a bachelor, master’s or third cycle degree
Description of the module
- French phonetics (theory and practice).
- French phonetics coaching.
- French repertoire and opera coaching.
- Vocal technique and style coaching in French repertoire.
- Stage work - French opera.
- Masterclass - French repertoire
- Public performances and discussion of all requirements of the chosen repertoire.
Speciality of this module in comparison with other courses in Europe
Specialisation in French opera with full linguistic and stylistic background. Choice of repertoire according to student’s needs. Individual teaching with full recognition of the artistic potential and possibilities of each student.
Names of the Professors of this module
- Prof. Sacha Michon and Marie Devellereau (French phonetics & coaching).
- Nina Uhari (French repertoire and opera coaching).
- Vocal technique and style coaching: students choose one of the Vocal Department professors: Marcin Habela, Gilles Cachemaille, Maria Diaconu, Jeanne Roth, Stuart Patterson.
- Marc Mayoraz (stage work)
- Masterclass: e.g. Patricia Petitbon, Gilles Cachemaille, Karine Deshayes.
Possible extras in addition to the module
- Preparation of an entire role from French opera repertoire: Nina Uhari.
- Grotowski’s Theater Training, Marc Mayoraz.
- French Baroque Coaching, sessions: Dorota Cybulska
- French Baroque Opera Coaching, sessions: Leonardo Garcia Alarcon (with the participation of the Maestro al Cembalo class of the Early Music Department)
- French Contemporary Vocality and Repertoire: Marcin Habela
- French Chamber Music: Guy-Michel Caillat
- Masterclass and seminars
- Professional Practice (career strategy, preparation for the auditions and auditions for artistic institutions in Switzerland)
Number of EOA students
Min. 1 student, max. 2 students.
Number of ECTS credits within Master's accreditation
Duration of the EOA module
Full time: 3 months (or possibility of 4 months only in Wintersemester)
Intensive: 2 or 3 weeks (not available for Erasmus exchange students)
Number of teaching/production hours of the EOA module
Full time module: 100 hours
Intensive module: (not available for Erasmus exchange students) 21 hours of individual teaching (excluding Masterclasses and group activities
- Application deadline: June 30th, 2017.
- Application deadline Erasmus exchange: June 30th, 2017.
- Please include a link to a video as well as a c.v. in your application.
Entrance examination: in Geneva, t.b.a.
Required repertoire: 1 aria in French, 1 aria free choice, 2 french melodies
Description of the final examination
Progress examination and final public performance (only in Full time module).
Total expenses of the EOA module per student
Full time Module : free for students in Erasmus Programme (Swiss mobility Programme).
Intensive Module : CHF 1000,00 for students outside Erasmus Programme (Swiss mobility Programme); not available for Erasmus exchange students).* **
* Prices do not include travel or living expenses.
** Prices are only applicable for students not currently studying for a bachelor, master's or third cycle degree.
Academy of music: Geneva
Period: winter, spring, autumn