Italian Art Song and Concert Arias
1 October 2018 – 28 February 2019
ERASMUS students may choose an exchange of 3-5 months starting from Oct. 1, 2018. It is possible to agree upon a longer mobility period, extending to July 15, 2019 at the maximum
5-15 vocal students
Advanced Italian pronunciation and diction classes. Analysis and study of art songs in Italian. Works by Rossini, Bellini, Donizetti, Verdi, Puccini, Zandonai, Respighi, Pizzetti, Petrassi, Berio, Donatoni and others, including art songs in Italian by Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, etc. Concert arias for solo voice and orchestra in Italian, 18th-19th centuries.
Preparation for final exam and concert production(s). Classes will be held in Italian and in English.
Special emphasis on Italian diction and character & role interpretation taught by native speakers of Italian. Possible assistance and exchange in classes with Italian students working on the same repertoire. Possible research of lesser known repertoire at the Conservatorio Cherubini Library with access to rare scores and even some manuscripts, building up to recital programs focused on Italian art song from 18th century until contemporary.
Leonardo De Lisi (interpretation) Gianni Fabbrini (vocal coach) Antonella Bellettini, Ulla Casalini, Anna Toccafondi
Subjects (for Erasmus learning agreement):
- Voice and vocal interpretation (Prassi esecutiva e repertorio: canto), 1 weekly 1-to-1 lesson – 9 ECTS
- Vocal repertoire coaching with accompanist (Pratica del repertorio vocale), 1 weekly 1-to-1 lesson – 3 ECTS
- Acting (Seminario “Il corpo vero”), group class (15-30 October), 45 hours, 3 ECTS
- Opera class (Teoria e tecnica dell’interpretazione scenica), group class, 45 hours, 3 ECTS
- Italian language diction (Dizione), group class, 24 hours, 2 ECTS
- Italian language (Lingua italiana), group class, 30 hours, 2 ECTS
- Optional: Choir and vocal ensembles (Musica vocale d’insieme e repertorio corale), group class, 30 hours 2 ECTS
- Optional: Italian Art song interpretation (Musica vocale da camera), group class, 30 hours, 2 ECTS
- Optional: Baroque solo vocal repertoire and Baroque vocal ensemble (Musica d’insieme per voci e strumenti antichi), group class, 30 hours 2 ECTS
Further information: http://www.conservatorio.firenze.it/it/formazione/international/erasmus
Description of final examination:
Performance of a 45 minutes recital in front of a jury.
on request, a short programme incl. city tour(s) concentrating on special 'musical' aspects of the city: Palazzo Pitti (where the first opera ever was staged in 1600, Peri's "L'Euridice"), Accademia Bartolomeo Cristofori (historic pianos), Museo degli Uffizi, Galleria dell’Accademia, etc.
Academy of music: Florence
Language training: Italian