Scandinavian Lied & Opera Festival: Grieg, Sibelius and beyond
Name and place of institution:
Royal Conservatory, Antwerp – Belgium
Period of the EOA module in 2023-2024:
Online courses available from 16 October 2023
Online social community to prepare the physical exchange
November 11-15, 2023 (5 physical days)
Description of the EOA module
AN EXCITING EXPLORATION OF THE FASCINATING REPERTOIRE OF THE NORDIC LANDS!
This module gives a rare and special opportunity to dive into Scandinavia’s rich Vocal Music traditions. Non-Nordic singers will receive specific training in sung Scandinavian languages and styles by native speakers and Nordic music specialists.
Kind of voice:
Speciality of this module in comparison with other courses in Europe:
Unique colleagues from Iceland and Stockholm, online component on Scandinavian repertoire, the first overview of the languages, pronunciation, and historical context.
Professors involved in this module:
- Susanne Schimmack
- Gary Jankowski
- Michelle Losier
- Anne Cambier
- Sabrina Avantario
- Guest lecturers: Gunnar Gudbjörnsson and Martin Hellström
- Aaron Wajnberg
Possible extras besides the module:
Students taking part in this module can request to join the regular activities of the department.
Minimum and maximum number of EOA students:
Number of teaching production hours of the EOA module:
- Online: 3-4 hours
- Live: 25 hours
- Peer/video feedback: 5 hours
Number of ECTs:
Apply through EASY with the clear mention of the EOA-module.
- Application period is from 1 January 2023 till 1 May 2023 Please find all information here; https://www.ap-arts.be/en/education/music/register#Exchange%20students
- Selection is based on your EASY profile and materials entered through the EOA website. There is no specific repertoire asked.
Description of the final examination:
Participants are evaluated based on their participation in the online offer and the live courses. The module will culminate into a final performance with Scandinavian repertoire by a selection of participants.
Teaching language and Required level of language:
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included/excluded in this price:
Taking part in the module is free but students need to pay for travel and accommodation themselves. They can apply for a grant at their home institution.
We can administratively support your application for a short blended mobility if your institution provides this offer.
Deadline for applications:
- 1st deadline: 8th of May 2023
- 2nd deadline: 1st of September (still possible via EASY as well)
Date for expected answers:
- 1st deadline: 1st of June
- 2nd deadline: 30th of September