Period of the EOA module in 2020-2021
- Autumn semester September 1 – December 23, 2020
- Spring semester February 1- June 15, 2021
Russian language phonetics and training in opera fragments of Russian composers /N. Rimski-Korsakov, P. Tchaikovski, S. Prokofiev etc./ together with local students. Daily lessons in Opera studio “Figaro”.
Possibility to participate in rehearsals/performances of “The Queen of Spades” at the National Opera.
Possibility to master Russian language: perception, listening, speaking, reading, communication skills.
In addition EOA students will be offered tailor-made programme:
- Singing lessons – opera repertoire vocal coaching
- Work with pianist
- Acting skills
- Stage movement and dance
- Contemporary ear training techniques
- Vocal ensemble
- Chamber singing
Specialty of this module in comparison with other courses in Europe
Possibility to combine extended studies of Russian opera repertoire with Russian- speaking teachers and in the live language environment.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module
- Kristine Gailite
- Lilija Greidane
- Krisjanis Norvelis
- Janis Apeinis
- Prof. Viesturs Gailis, conductor, Artistic Director of Opera Studio
- Antra Jankava
- Regina Kaupuza, choreographer
Possible extra’s beside the module
Supplementary tailor-made study programme, free entrance in all National Opera performances (except premieres and guest performances), very intensive concert activities, city culture.
Minimum and maximum number of students
- 1 – 2 max
Number of teaching / production hours of the EOA module
- According to study programme
- Number of ECTS within bachelor/ master accreditation
- 24 – 30 ECTS (depending on courses selected)
Deadline of application and requirements
April 1, 2020
Recordings (DVD, YouTube) Application form
Description of the final examination
Public performance of opera fragment/s.
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included / excluded in this price
EUR 1360 p/semester (travel and subsistence not included)