Period of the EOA module in 2020-2021
- Spring semester 2021: 1 March – 7 June 2021
- 1 or 2 vocal students
This course offers an opportunity to perform an opera role in a full-scale production at Werrmland Opera, an Opera House in Karlstad, in the west of Sweden. The module consists of a period of musical preparation with vocal coaching and interpretation, followed by role analysis and stage rehearsals, led by a professional director and conductor. The performance is produced with orchestra, sets, lighting, costume and make up.
The repertoire will be decided in Autumn 2020
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module
- Stina ancker, Assistant professor of music dramatic performance
- Majsan Dahling, Lecturer of musical interpretation
- Christine Morgan, Assistant Professor of musical interpretation
Possible extra’s beside the module:
- Seminars on aspects of opera as an artform and of the opera singer’s profession
ca. 170 hours
We choose our EOA-students via recorded material. With the application we need recordings of sound and video.
- Sound: Wav or AIFF
- Video: Mov or mp4 Description of the final Examination:
- Students are examined through the performance in the fully staged production
Teaching language/ Required level of language:
- Communication language: EN, level 5
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included / excluded in this price:
- Against Swedish legislation to charge for public higher education, except for students outside of EES.