Period of the EOA module in 2020-2021
- January 13th – April 12th 2020
- 1 or 2 vocal students
In this module, the student singers work in a production in cooperation with student conductors and musicians from the Royal College of Music in Stockholm and a professional stage director.
The project will consist of opera scenes from 2-3 different operas, conceptually merged into one opera performance. The course starts with preparatory work with vocal coaching with our teachers in musical interpretation and the conductor students.
The course also contains language coaching, both individually and in group.
A production period of 6-7 weeks follows, consisting of stage work and orchestral rehearsals leading up to a fully staged performance with lighting, costumes and makeup.
Repertoire, kind of voice and role will be communicated on in August-2020
Possible extra’s beside the module
- Seminars on aspects of opera as an artform and of the opera singer’s profession.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module
- Stina Ancker, senior lecturer of music dramatic performance
- Christine Morgan, senior lecturer of musical interpretation
Ca 108 hours
We choose our EOA-students via recorded material. With the application we need recordings of sound and video.
- Sound: Wav or AIFF.
- Video: Mov or mp4
Description of final examination
Students are examined through the staged performance and a subsequent discussion in the group reflecting on how the singer’s performance of a role is influenced by the interaction with other professional groups in a production.
Teaching language/ Required level of language
- Communication language: EN, level 5
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included / excluded in this price
- Against Swedish legislation to charge for public higher education, except for students outside of EES.