Period of the EOA module in 2020-2021
- January 15th – April 15th of 2020
- Min. 2, max. 5
The Incubator invites singers, composers and other artists to develop experimental opera projects during the three months in Vilnius in Spring of 2020.
Applicants should submit original, strong and creative concepts which cross traditional opera genre boundaries and can be characterized as interdisciplinary ‘voice in landscape’ project realized in the contemporary context.
Concept proposal should be presented by the end of September of 2019.
Selected authors of projects will be invited to the Incubator for concept development, creative interdisciplinary collaboration and realization of the creative project in a chosen venue in Vilnius.
Creative projects such as short opera, performing art production, sound or interdisciplinary installation, contemporary music theatre, musical action and other form of multidisciplinary work that discover new ways of artistic expression, explore new spaces, community contexts, promote innovative communication and create new audiences, are welcome.
Incubator provides assistance in concept and dramaturgy development, visual solutions, performance coaching, improvisation, technical and artistic production. Projects that require involvement of music & digital technology (electronics, spatial sound, etc.), interactive recordings, installations will be assisted by a technical and creative staff of Music Innovation Studies Centre, www.misc.lmta.lt.
Creative laboratory and production / singers, composers, directors, other artists / English language
Development and production of the original creative opera projects in interdisciplinary teams is unique. The Incubator promotes broader conceptual approach of the opera genre, which leads to experimentation and development of strong creative ideas. Module trains creativity, interdisciplinary cooperation, and cultural entrepreneurship.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module
Team of assistants for project development and production: (depends on the concrete creative project):
- Artistic production: Ana Ablamonova
- Composition and electronics: Mantautas Krukauskas
- Concept development: Mantautas Krukauskas, Jonas Jurkūnas
- Dramaturgy: Gabrielė Labanauskaitė
- Improvisation: Liudas Mockūnas, Arnas Mikalkėnas
- Lighting design: Giedrius Gurevičius
- Music and digital technology: Julius Aglinskas, Jonas Jurkūnas
- Performance coaching: Vykintas Baltakas, Indrė Baikštytė
- Vocal coaching: Algirdas Janutas, Asta Krikščiūnaitė Courses from the list of Elective Courses at LMTA
120 contact hours
240 hours of individual creative work 15 ECTS
Description of the final examination
- Public Performance
- Creative project applications (free format) should be sent during the week 39 (last week of September).
- Evaluation takes 2 weeks; selection results will be sent to all applicants. Invitation Letter will be sent by week 42.
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included / excluded in this price
- Fee ranges from 900 Eur to 1500 Eur.
- Total price depends on the complexity of production, size of supporting team, and selected extras.