Period of the EOA module in 2020-2021
February – May 2021 (min. 3 months)
Description of the EOA module
- Professional preparation to participate in all kinds of vocal auditions. Preparation includes:
- assistance in choosing the appropriate repertoire for a given type of voice (i. a. according to Rudolf Kloiber’s catalogue);
- work with a singing teacher on vocal technique;
- work with the phonetics specialist on the text of the opera;
- arias that are being prepared;
- work with the pianist on the style and musical issues;
- preparation for public performance on the stage.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module:
- Solo singing: Prof. Urszula Kryger (mezzosoprano)
- Prof. Beata Zawadzka- Kłos (soprano)
- Prof. Włodzimierz Zalewski (bass)
- Prof. Piotr Miciński (bass)
- Prof. Ziemowit Wojtczak (baritone)
- Prof. Krzysztof Bednarek (tenor)
Possible extra’s beside the module
- The Student also has the opportunity to work in the recording studio to prepare the demo recording (possible additional fee – about 20 EUR per hour)
- Possible performance(s) in institutional concerts according to the schedule
Minimum and maximum number of EOA students
- Minimum: 1
- Maximum 4
Number of teaching / production hours of the EOA module
- Working with the vocal teacher – approx. 20 hours – individual classes
- Working with a pianist – approx. 20 hours
- Working with phonetics specialist – 10 hours
- Rehearsals in the chamber concert hall – 6 hours
The performance at the chamber concert hall of the Academy of Music in Łódź, at 32 Gdańska St. – 3 hours
25 ECTS credits
- Submit recordings. The application must include a link to a video recording (candidate singing with piano accompaniment).
- Deadline: November 2020.
Description of the final examination
- Location of the final concert: the chamber concert hall of the Academy of Music in Łódź, at 32 Gdanska St.
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included / excluded in this price
- Module is available within an Erasmus exchange (SMS or SMP)
- Module could be also available as postgraduate studies. The fee is then approx. 1500 EUR (not included travel and living costs).