Period of the EOA module in 2020-2021
- January – February – March 2021
To experience the different sides of your profession in the context of an opera production. The students will learn the key skills to perform their role in the context of the interdisciplinary art form par excellence. Specialization is required from all those who take part in an opera production, regarding to technical and stylistic skills.
During this workshop the participants prepare a complete opera (Title TBA)
- 1 or 2 conductors
- 1 or 2 directors
- 1 or 2 repetiteurs
- 1 or 2 stage designers
Via application form in EOA website. Keep in mind you will need to include:
The coaching includes:
- working with a professional conductor/director
- a professional stage director individual vocal coaching on style, interpretation and applied technique by our vocal staff.
- language coaching (depending on the language of the programmed opera)
- Project Management basic skills and career strategy (subject Your Art as a Business)
The module will conclude with 4 fully staged performances of the opera, accompanied by the orchestra of the Maastricht Conservatorium, in collaboration with Opera Zuid.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module:
- Conductor: Federico Santi
- Stage Director: Sybrand van der Werf
- Vocal coaches: Yvonne Schiffelers, Susanne Schimmack, Axel Everaert, Frans Kokkelmans
- Management: Miriam Pascual
- Language: TBC
In addition, an interactive workshop dealing with artistic entrepreneurship, self- promotion via social media and branding will be offered. This will give young artists the tools and skills to develop their artistic careers and to bring classical music to the core of society.
Permanent Artistic Evaluation + Public performance