To experience the different sides of your profession in the context of an opera production. The students will learn the key skills to perform their role in the context of the interdisciplinary art form par excellence. Specialization is required from all those who take part in an opera production, regarding to technical and stylistic skills.
During this workshop the participants prepare a complete opera.
The title chosen by Conservatorium Maastricht for their 2023 opera production will be announced soon.
- 1 or 2 directors
Via application form in EOA website. Keep in mind you will need to include:
- CV (including a Portfolio of previous projects)
- 15th April 2022
- 15th September 2022
The results for the applications of all the Full-staged opera production modules will be communicated to the candidates only by the end of September 2022.
The coaching includes:
- working with a professional conductor/director
- a professional stage director individual vocal coaching on style, interpretation and applied technique by our vocal staff.
- language coaching (depending on the language of the programmed opera)
The module will conclude with 4 fully staged performances of the opera, accompanied by the ensemble of the Maastricht Conservatorium, in collaboration with Opera Zuid.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module:
- Conductor: To be announced
- Stage Director: To be announced
- Vocal coaches: Yvonne Schiffelers, Susanne Schimmack, Axel Everaert.
- Language: TBC
Permanent Artistic Evaluation + Public performance