Period of the EOA module in 2021-2022:
Perform a leading role in a staged opera with ensemble.
The title chosen by Conservatorium Maastricht for their 2022 opera production will be Les Contes d’Hoffmann by Jacques Offenbach.
1 or 2 singers from the EOA can participate, next to our own singing and acting students.
The coaching includes:
- working with a (professional) conductor
- a professional stage director
- individual vocal coaching on style, interpretation and applied technique by our vocal staff.
- First 6 weeks include 15 hours of training by main subject teachers and opera coach.
- Next 6 weeks working on the production
The module will conclude with 4 fully staged performances of the opera, accompanied by the ensemble of the Maastricht Conservatorium, in collaboration with Opera Zuid.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module:
- Conductor: To be announced
- Stage Director: To be announced
- Vocal coaches: Yvonne Schiffelers, Susanne Schimmack, Axel Everaert, Frans Kokkelmans
In addition, an interactive workshop dealing with artistic entrepreneurship, self- promotion via social media and branding will be offered. This will give young artists the tools and skills to develop their artistic careers and to bring classical music to the core of society.
Via application form in EOA website. Keep in mind you will need to include:
- Keep in mind that you can you can apply with your own repertoire.
Permanent Artistic Evaluation + Public performance