Period of the EOA module in 2021-2022
The full, staged performance of this Opera (Title TBA) will take place in May 2022
The EOA students are welcome to join this production during the Spring Semester Erasmus Mobility (from February to June 2021 for Erasmus SMS – Minimum March to May for Erasmus STT)
Communication languages EN/IT
This module guides the student through a path of vocal and scenic interpretation of one entire opera from eighteenth-century Opera Buffa’s repertoire (Title TBA)
EOA students will participate in this fully staged work and will receive specialized diction, vocal and acting coaching to prepare the specific roles of this production.
- Analysis, study and full understanding of the libretto/ character/scenes
- Vocal technique and style coaching in Opera Buffa repertoire.
- Advanced Italian pronunciation and diction classes.
- Specific lessons on Recitativo.
- Individual coaching and group work: vocal and score lessons and group work on Scenic Art (Training of the actor’s body, physical and gestural laboratory).
Classes will be held in Italian and English.
ERASMUS SMS students have to choose other courses (e.g. Poetry for music and dramaturgy, Opera History etc.) among those annually proposed by the Conservatory, to reach the total number of required credits. (Not required for Erasum STT)
Special attention will be given to the study of proper Italian diction and pronunciation with native Italian teachers, in building Opera Buffa characters (both scenic and vocal) with full linguistic and stylistic background. Special concentration on Recitativo.
EXTRA: exchange and collaboration with other students of the Conservatory working on the same production. A unique opportunity to fully immerse themselves in the rich operatic music culture of the territory, attending places of unique musical interest, within the Conservatory (Musical Section of Libreria Palatina, Boito’s Studio and Toscanini’s Studio) or in the immediate nearby of it (the Library of the Istituto Nazionale di Studi Verdiani, the Museo dell’Opera, the Casa della Musica etc).
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module:
- Romano Franceschetto, Adriana Cicogna and Lucetta Bizzi (Vocal coach) Roberta Faroldi (diction and actor’s work)
- Riccardo Mascia (Recitativo coach, Score and Repertoire)
- Claudia Rondelli, Roberta Ropa, Laura Soracco, Luca Sabatino (Score and Repertoire) Final examination:
- Public performance of an entire opera from the 18th century Opera Buffa repertoire (Title TBA).
Via application form in EOA website. Keep in mind you will need to include: