Period of the EOA module in 2021-2022:
September, October, November 2021 (Term dates: August 24 – December 18)
Description of the EOA module:
CAMERATA Baroque ensemble – Build and perfect your vocal technique and performance skills through collaboration.
This module will consist of:
- Voice lessons with a team of voice teachers
- Performance classes
- Lunchtime recital series managed by students
- Collaborative music making with experts in Baroque interpretation leading to a performance of “Rappresentatione di Anima et di Corpo” bei Emilio de Cavalieri
- Demanding vocal and instrumental work or programme based on a specified theme with Reykjavík Opera Days. (16 ECTS)*
*For instrumentalist a personalized programme of practical courses will be put together depending on your needs.
- International phonetics IPA (2ECTS)
- Dramatic interpretation classes (2ECTS)
- Movement classes (2ECTS)
- Vocal improvisation (2ECTS)
- Music, culture and society, lectures (3ECTS)
Specialty of this module in comparison with other courses in Europe:
The collaborative learning environment that is the core of the Voice Department gives you a unique opportunity to develop your individuality as a singing artist. You will build your vocal technique and interpretive skills while working with a team of expert voice teachers who work in tandem empowering you to clarify your goals and make your own choices. A number of performance opportunities gives you valuable possibilities and practical experience in managing and leading projects. Working on baroque interpretation in an ensemble setting, making music together with skilled professionals will give hands on experience. The relatively small size of the music department makes it a very flexible learning environment and a fertile ground for initiative and creative ideas.
Name of the professors of this module:
- Hanna Dóra Sturludóttir (voice and performance)
- Matthildur Anna Gísladóttir (coach, piano accompaniment)
- Sigurður Halldórsson (music director)
- Kristinn Sigmundsson (voice and performance)
- Stuart Skelton (voice and performance)
Possible extras beside the module:
Icelandic for beginners (4ECTS)
Minimum and maximum number of EOA students:
- 1-3 singers
- 1-4 baroque instrumentalist primarily, strings and continuo
Number of teaching/production hours of the EOA module:
Up to 20 hours per week
Deadline of application and requirements:
1st Deadline: April 15th , 2021
2nd Deadline: September 15th, 2021
To deliver the following documents, via the application at the EOA website:
- ONE Unedited video, performing THREE contrasting arias or songs in at least TWO different languages.
- Motivation letter
Description of the final Examination:
Assessment based on students journaling and self-assessment
Across project (50%)
Performance in project (50%)
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included/excluded in this price:
Module is available within an Erasmus exchange, for students at BA level in vocal performance and for some instrumentalists.
Participants pay for their own accommodation and travel.