Period of the EOA module in 2022-2023:
- August – December 2022
- February – June 2023
Baroque opera studio – joint module in collaboration with Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre.
Baroque opera production in collaboration with the orchestra Collegium Musicum Riga. Collaboration with professional baroque orchestra. Participation in the intensive concert activities and festivals of early music.
17th Century Opera Prologues:
- Claudio Monteverdi – Orfeo & Poppea;
- Francesco Cavalli – Calisto;
- Jean-Baptiste Lully – Atys & Alceste.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module
- Maris Kupčs, Head of Early music department, Collegium Musicum Riga
- Teachers of Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre (LMTA).
Specialty of this module in comparison with other courses in Europe
The only professional baroque orchestra in the Baltics, extremely active performing activities, rich experience of baroque opera productions, early music festivals.
Possible extras beside the module
Lessons of Rhetoric, Ornamentation, Vocal training, Baroque music interpretation training, Basso continuo, Baroque dance and gestures.
Minimum and maximum number of students:
2-3 EOA students
Number of teaching/production hours of the EOA module: Depending on the selected courses
Number of ECTs within accreditation:
20-30 ECTs per semester
EOA application (the results for the applications of all the Full-staged opera production modules will be given out to the candidates only by the end of September 2022)
Description of the final examination
Public performance of baroque opera either in Bauska Castle or in one of Riga concert halls /churches.
According to the selected study courses on the curriculum.
Teaching language/Required level of language: English at least B2
Total Expenses of the EOA module
- EUR 1360 p/semester (travel and subsistence not);
- free for Erasmus + students and trainees. (Students and trainees must provide their own accommodation, meals and traveling costs).