Period of the EOA module in 2022-2023:
From 1st October 2022 to 22nd December
Title and roles offered for EOA applicants:
- L’Enfant et les Sortilèges by M. Ravel
- Le Fauteuil/Un Arbre…Baritone, Bass
- L’Horloge Comtoise/Le Chat….Baritone
- La Théière……Tenor
- Le Petit Vieillard/La Rainette…..Tenor
Description of the EOA module:
- Training and professional preparation of an opera part, concluded with the performance of a fully staged chamber opera production (title to be announced).
- This includes:
- Singing lessons
- Vocal coaching
- Language coaching
- Musical rehearsals with the conductor, pianists and orchestra
- Scenic rehearsals with the stage director, conductor and pianists.
In order to study the specific roles of the production.
Specialty of this module in comparison with other courses:
Valencia is a major cultural centre and encourages immersion into the professional opera and music scene: Palau de les Arts Opera House, concerts and presentations by major international musicians,..
In addition, there are many events and festivals throughout the year (i.e. Las Fallas). With a rich history in modern architectural masterpieces (City of Arts and Sciences), Valencia’s deep, multicultural roots, cosmopolitan flavour, and warm climate to make it a true Mediterranean gem.
Also, Valencia is one of Spain’s (and Europe’s) most affordable cities for student accommodation.
Names of the professors of this module:
- Singing: Gloria Fabuel, Carlos López Galarza, Pilar Moral, Amparo Quevedo, Ofelia Sala, Charo Vallés
- Opera coaches: Laïla Barnat, Carles Budó, Pablo García-Berlanga, Adrià Gràcia, Diego Sánchez, Miquel Carbonell, Francesc Gamón
- Conductor: Jesús Cantos, Juan Pablo Hellín
- Stage director: Jaume Martorell, Araceli Bergillos
Possible extras beside the module:
- Concerts at different venues in Valencia
- Opera sofa: Performance of opera highlights
- Attending opera performances at Palau de les Arts
- Exchange and collaboration with other students of the Conservatory working on the same production.
Minimum and maximum number of EOA students
- Minimum 1 student
- Maximum 5 students
Number of teaching/production hours of the EOA module:
Teaching: The first 7 weeks
- Working with the singing teacher (individual classes): 1,5h/week
- Working with the opera coach (individual classes): 1,5h/week
- Working with the conductor and vocal coach (as a group): 3,5h/week
- Working with the stage director (as a group): 5h/week
Production: The following 7 weeks
- Ensemble rehearsals with the conductor
- Stage-orchestra rehearsals
- Performances at the Concert Hall of the Conservatory Superior of Music
Number of ECTS within master accreditation:
Contact the coordinator:
The materials to submit with your application are:
- Two Videos (it can be a link to YouTube or any other platform)
- First: June 15th 2022
- Second: September 15th 2022
The results for the applications of all the Full-staged opera production modules will be communicated to the candidates only by the end of September 2022.
Description of the final Examination:
Public performance of a fully staged chamber opera at the Concert Hall of the Conservatory Superior of Music.
Teaching language: Spanish, English, Italian, French and German
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included/excluded in this price:
- Free for students in Erasmus Programme
- Module is available within an Erasmus exchange
- Students must provide their own accommodation, meals and traveling costs.