Period(s) of the EOA module in 2020-2021:
October, November, December 2020 (1st title)
- Minimum 1 student
- Maximum 5 students
Description of the EOA module:
- Training and professional preparation of an opera part, concluded with the performance of a fully staged chamber opera production (title to be announced).
- This includes:
- Singing lessons
- Vocal coaching
- Language coaching
- Musical rehearsals with the conductor, pianists and orchestra
- Scenic rehearsals with the stage director, conductor and pianists.
In order to study the specific roles of the production.
Kind of voice and role:
* Roles will be announced together with the title
Specialty of this module in comparison with other courses in Europe:
Valencia is a major cultural centre and encourages immersion into the professional opera and music scene: Palau de Les Arts Opera House, concerts and presentations by major international musicians,… In addition, there are many events and festivals throughout the year (i.e. Las Fallas). With a rich history in modern architectural masterpieces (City of Arts and Sciences), Valencia’s deep, multicultural roots, cosmopolitan flavour, and warm climate to make it a true Mediterranean gem.
Also, Valencia is one of Spain’s (and Europe’s) most affordable cities for student accommodation.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module:
- Singing: Gloria Fabuel, Carlos López Galarza, Pilar Moral, Amparo Quevedo, Ofelia Sala, Charo Vallés
- Opera coaches: Laïla Barnat, Carles Budó, Miquel Carbonell, Pablo García-Berlanga, Diego Sánchez
- Conductor: Francesc Gamón
- Stage director: Jaume Martorell
Possible extras beside the module:
- Concerts at different venues in Valencia
- Opera sofa: Performance of opera highlights
- Attending opera performances at Palau de Les Arts
- Exchange and collaboration with other students of the Conservatory working on the same production.
Number of teaching / production hours of the EOA module:
A_Teaching: The first 6 weeks
- Working with the singing teacher (individual classes)
- Working with the opera coach (individual classes)
- Working with the conductor and vocal coach (as a group)
- Working with the stage director (as a group)
B_Production: The following 6 weeks
- Ensemble rehearsals with the conductor
- Stage-orchestra rehearsals
- Performances at the Concert Hall of the Conservatory Superior of Music
- Via application form in EOA website.
- Deadline 1: April 15th 2020
- Deadline 2: September 15th 2020
The materials to submit with your application are:
- Two Videos (it can be a link to Youtube or any other platform)
Description of the final Examination:
Public performance of a fully staged chamber opera at the Concert Hall of the Conservatory Superior of Music
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included / excluded in this price:
- Free for students in Erasmus Programme
- Module is available within an Erasmus exchange
- Students must provide their own accommodation, meals and travelling costs.
Charo Vallés, Coordinator Master Operatic Performance email@example.com