Title and roles: Il viaggio a Reims by Vivaldi
- Conte di Libenskof (tenor)
- Cavaliere Belfiore (tenor)
- Lord Sidney (bass)
- Don Alvaro (bass)
- Barone di Trombonok (buffo)
Period of the EOA module in 2023 – 2024:
- From 15 January 2024 to 30 April 2024 (Easter holidays from 29 March to 08 April 2024)
Description of the EOA module:
Professional training and preparation for an opera role, concluding with the performance of a fully staged opera production (title to be announced).
- Singing lessons
- Repertoire lessons
- Language coaching
- Musical rehearsals with the conductor, pianists and the orchestra.
- Stage rehearsals with the stage director, the conductor and the pianists.
In order to study the specific roles of the production.
Kind of voice and role (Title and roles to be announced):
Specialty of this module in comparison with other courses:
Valencia is a major cultural centre and encourages immersion into the professional opera and music scene: Palau de les Arts Opera House, concerts and presentations by major international musicians,..
In addition, there are many events and festivals throughout the year (i.e. Las Fallas). With a rich history in modern architectural masterpieces (City of Arts and Sciences), Valencia’s deep, multicultural roots, cosmopolitan flavor, and warm climate to make it a true Mediterranean gem.
Also, Valencia is one of Spain’s (and Europe’s) most affordable cities for student accommodation.
Names of the professors of this module:
- Singing: Gloria Fabuel, Carlos López Galarza, Pilar Moral, Amparo Quevedo, Ofelia Sala, Charo Vallés
- Opera coaches: Laïla Barnat, Carles Budó, Pablo García-Berlanga, Adrià Gràcia, Diego Sánchez, Miquel Carbonell, Francesc Gamón
- Conductor: Juan Pablo Hellín
- Stage director: Jaume Martorell, Araceli Bergillos
Possible extras beside the module
- Concerts at different venues in Valencia
- Opera sofa: Performance of opera highlights
- Attending opera performances at Palau de les Arts
- Exchange and collaboration with other students of the Conservatory working on the same production.
Minimum and maximum number of EOA students
- Minimum 1 student
- Maximum 3 students
Number of teaching/production hours of the EOA module:
Teaching: The first 9 weeks
- Working with the singing teachers
- Working with the opera coaches
- Working with the conductor and vocal coaches
- Working with the stage director and vocal coaches
Production: The following 4 weeks
- Ensemble rehearsals with the singers and conductor
- Ensemble rehearsals with the singers and stage director
Number of ECTS within master accreditation:
Contact the coordinator:
The materials to submit with your application are:
- Two Videos (it can be a link to YouTube or any other platform)
- 1st deadline: 01 June 2023
- 2nd deadline: 15 September 2023
Date for expected answers:
- 1st deadline: 15 June 2023
- 2nd deadline: 30 September 2023
Description of the final Examination:
Public performance of a fully staged chamber opera at the Concert Hall of the Conservatory Superior of Music
Spanish, English, Italian, French and German
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included/excluded in this price:
- Free for students in Erasmus Programme
- Module is available within an Erasmus exchange