(Title to be announced)
Period of the EOA module in 2022-2023:
- From 9th January 2023 to 7th May 2023 (Easter holidays from 6th to 17th April 2023)
Description of the EOA module:
- Specific training as repetiteur working in the preparation of a fully staged opera production (title to be announced).
- This includes:
- Vocal coaching
- Attending individual voice lessons of the cast
- Language coaching
- Musical rehearsals with the conductor and singers
- Scenic rehearsals with the stage director, conductor and singers
- Chorus rehearsals with the chorus conductor
Specialty of this module in comparison with other courses:
Valencia is a major cultural centre and encourages immersion into the professional opera and music scene: Palau de les Arts Opera House, concerts and presentations by major international musicians,..
In addition, there are many events and festivals throughout the year (i.e. Las Fallas). With a rich history in modern architectural masterpieces (City of Arts and Sciences), Valencia’s deep, multicultural roots, cosmopolitan flavour, and warm climate to make it a true Mediterranean gem.
Also, Valencia is one of Spain’s (and Europe’s) most affordable cities for student accommodation.
Names of the professors of this module:
- Singing: Gloria Fabuel, Carlos López Galarza, Pilar Moral, Amparo Quevedo, Ofelia Sala, Charo Vallés
- Opera coaches: Laïla Barnat, Carles Budó, Pablo García-Berlanga, Adrià Gràcia, Diego Sánchez, Miquel Carbonell, Franscesc Gamón
- Conductor: Jesús Cantos, Juan Pablo Hellín
- Stage director: Jaume Martorell, Araceli Bergillos
Possible extras beside the module
- Concerts at different venues in Valencia
- Opera sofa: Performance of opera highlights
- Attending opera performances at Palau de les Arts
- Exchange and collaboration with other students of the Conservatory working on the same production.
Minimum and maximum number of EOA students
- Minimum 1 student
- Maximum 3 students
Number of teaching/production hours of the EOA module:
Teaching: The first 9 weeks
- Working with the singing teachers
- Working with the opera coaches
- Working with the conductor and vocal coaches
- Working with the stage director and vocal coaches
Production: The following 4 weeks
- Ensemble rehearsals with the singers and conductor
- Ensemble rehearsals with the singers and stage director
Number of ECTS within master accreditation:
Contact the coordinator:
The materials to submit with your application are:
- Two Videos (it can be a link to YouTube or any other platform)
- First: May 31st 2022
- Second: September 15th 2022
The results for the applications of all the Full-staged opera production modules will be communicated to the candidates only by the end of September 2022.
Description of the final Examination:
Public performance; permanent artistic evaluation
Spanish, English, Italian, French and German
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included/excluded in this price:
- Free for students in Erasmus Programme
- Module is available within an Erasmus exchange
Students must provide their own accommodation, meals and traveling costs.