Period of the EOA module in 2021-2022:
- 3 intensive weeks during Autumn semester (October, November)
- 3 intensive weeks during Spring semester (March, April)
1-5 EOA students
Practical training course of Suzuki Method is recommended for any stage performer. It aims at improving acting, dancing and other performing skills. Suzuki Method of Actor Training was originally created by Tadashi Suzuki and is designed to regain the perceptive abilities and powers of the human body.
Studies include unique theoretical knowledge as are aimed at exploring individual creativity through the rigorous approach to physical training that allows the student to challenge his/her center of gravity by presenting physical obstacles within a given structure. It concentrates on the lover body, legs and feet, and give to student better awareness of the entire body, breath and voice.
Topics of the Suzuki Method of Actor Training intensive course:
- body centre (gravity) and body tension analysis
- body control, focus and concentration, breathing
- energy control
- body power and speed, willpower
- physical and emotional expression
- movement in the space, body composition
- acting for audience: attention maintenance
It is expected, that after the end of the intensive course students will be able:
- to control the body in the most efficient way;
- to control the amount of energy and to direct it to a certain point;
- to concentrate and focus on the main goals;
- to understand the form and composition;
- to discover new approaches to body and gesture, image and emotion
Practical training/ singers and other stage performers / English language
Name of professor:
Assoc. Prof. Vesta Grabštaitė, head of Department of Acting and Movement of the Academy and actor at the Oskaras Koršunovas Theatre (OKT).
Courses from the list of Elective Courses at LMTA https://lmta.lt/en/lmta-welcomes-foreign-students/exange-students/
Number of ECTS:
80 hours (of which 32 contact hours and 48 hours of individual work)
Pass/fail (required minimum: 80 % attendance of practical training classes)
Creative project applications (free format) should be sent during the week 39 (last week of September).
Evaluation takes 2 weeks; selection results will be sent to all applicants. Invitation Letter will be sent by week 42.
Total expenses of the EOA module per student (when contract):
267 eur for 3 weeks intensive course
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included / excluded in this price:
Selected applicants are welcome with support of Erasmus or Nordplus student mobility grants. Exchange students do not pay tuition fee.
Fee for non-exchange (free movers) students is 320 Eur.