Period of the EOA module in 2021-2022:
- January 15th, 2022 – April 20th,2022
Meet the Italian Belcanto tradition in the town that hosted the first operatic creation. An all-Italian experience on the operatic repertoire from Baroque to Verdi and Puccini. Piano accompanying lesson on style and technique, repertoire study with vocal coaches, Italian language and diction class, Opera class with acting and staging seminars, final concert with semi-staged performance of full operatic scenes.
- Two Opera vocal scores in Italian, from Mozart to Puccini
- A group arias in Italian, including recitativos and/or cabalettas if present
- Operatic scenes or ensembles
Pianist / vocal coach
Specialty of this module in comparison with other courses in Europe:
We give the participants the possibility to develop their skills as a vocal coach (maestro collaboratore). Our teachers and coaches have a long experience in the tuition of international students, as in our Vocal studies Faculty more than 50% of students are from all the continents. Being in Firenze (Dante’s home town) allows you to absorb the good “reference” Italian diction directly from the people you will meet in the street, as the Florentine language is the basis of the modern Italian language.
Name(s) of the professor(s):
- Piano and Vocal Coaching Teachers: Andrea Severi, Antonella Bellettini, Ulla Casalini, Anna Toccafondi, Elisabetta Sepe, Daniela Freschi, Marco Bargagna
- History of Opera: Guglielmo Pianigiani
- Art song practise/ Italian diction for coaches: Leonardo De Lisi
- Masterclass with renown singers and opera directors.
- Free entrance to rehearsals at Teatro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino.
- A short programme (incl. city tour) concentrating on special ‘musical’ aspects of the city: Palazzo Pitti (where the first opera ever was staged in 1600, Peri’s “L’Euridice”), Accademia Bartolomeo Cristofori (historic pianos), Museo degli Uffizi, Galleria dell’Accademia, etc.
Minimum and maximum number of EOA students:
Number of teaching / production hours:
Up to 20 hours/week
Number of ECTS within master:
3 months Module will award 24 ECTS
- “Piano accompaniment lessons” 1-to-1 6 ECTS
- “Repertoire practice lessons” 1-to1 3 ECTS
- “Conducting techniques for opera coaches” 3 ECTS
- “Italian Diction for singers/coaches” 3 ECTS
- “History of Opera” lecture 3 ECTS
- “Art song practise” 6 ECTS
ONLY Erasmus mobilities for Studies or Traineeship from EOA partners will be accepted
Before April 15th, 2021, by email email@example.com only:
- Please, send a link to a recent performance of yours (from not more than 1 year ago) including at least:
- ONE piano solo piece of free choice or TWO Lieder (or Art Songs) accompanying a singer
- ONE operatic aria or scene, accompanying a singer
- A brief curriculum and a complete list of studied operatic vocal score in Italian (only word or pdf file, please, or link to personal artistic website)
By May 15th, 2020, candidates will receive a response about selection. If successfully selected, students will be required to confirm their choice before June 30th.
Description of the final Examination:
- Module: Semi-staged operatic scenes and recital with arias/songs in public concerts at the end of the module
- Erasmus mobility : each class will award a note of evaluation by the teacher and ECTs
Teaching language/ Required level of language:
- Italian (main)
- English (secondary)
- We require that EOA students have a minimum B1 Italian language level.
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included / excluded in this price:
Erasmus mobility: no tuition fee
ONLY Erasmus mobilities for studies or traineeship from EOA partners will be accepted
Prof. Leonardo De Lisi