Period of the EOA module in 2023-2024:
From 22 April to 23 June 2024
- 1-4 students
At the centre of this module is a fully staged opera production with orchestra of The Turn of the Screw by Benjamin Britten. Students will prepare their roles with students studying on the repetiteur course and their respective teachers whilst receiving regular singing lessons from teachers in our vocal department.
Special attention will be paid to English pronunciation through individual diction lessons.
At the beginning of May 2024, students also have the possibility of participating in a masterclass centering on operatic repertoire and art song in English.
Pianists who wish to join this module will be coached by teachers of collaborative piano course, take part in the English repertoire master class and also play in the rehearsals during the production of the Turn of the Screw.
Kind of voice and role:
The singers can apply for these roles:
- The Governess
- Mrs Grose
- Miss Jessel
Speciality of this module in comparison with other courses in Europe:
An opportunity for singers and pianists to perfect their knowledge of the English repertoire and to participate as a soloist/repetiteur in a full-scale production of The Turn of the Screw by Benjamin Britten.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module:
- Stuart Patterson, vocal studies, master class
- Susanne Schimmack, vocal studies
- Yves Coudray, stage director
- Sacha Michon, diction
- Nina Uhari and James Alexander, musical coaching for the singers and the pianists
- This module is open for Alumni students who have graduated in 2022 at the latest
- Possibility to follow opera rehearsals at the Grand Théâtre de Genève
Number of ECTS:
- If the participant would like to audition for the production/scenic project, he/she should send a good quality video with an English aria by 15th of May 2023.
Description of the final examination:
- Progress examination
- and final public performance (only in Full time module)
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included/ excluded in this price:
- Full time module: free for students in Erasmus Programme (Swiss Mobility Programme)
English and French
Deadline for application:
- 1st deadline: 8 May 2023. Answers from EOA are expected on 8 June 2023
- 2nd deadline: 1 September 2023. Answers on 15 September 2023