Period of the EOA module in 2023-2024:
- From 08-01-2024 to 08-03-2024
Min. 1, max. 3 vocal students
SINGERS + PIANISTS
This module gives the opportunity for singers and pianists to build up and perfect their repertoire in French. It addresses both operatic as well art song repertoire with a particular focus on Ravel’s L’Enfant et les Sortilèges, a production which will take place at the end of February.
A specific stress is given to the stylistic aspects – what actually makes French vocal music so uniquely French?
The participants will receive language tuition for pronunciation of both sung and spoken French in order to familiarize themselves with the phonetic approach of the language. They can participate in a master class of French repertoire and receive coaching in basic repertoire and role studies of French music.
Kind of voice and role:
Names of the professors of this module:
- Clémence Tilquin, vocal studies
- Sacha Michon, French phonetic coaching
- Nina Uhari and James Alexander, French Art Song repertoire and role studies for singers and pianists
- TBC, stage director
- Possibility to assist to rehearsals at the Grand Théâtre de Genève.
- This module can be combined with the 2nd module of Geneva: Action! Especially interesting for pianists who want to develop a profile as a repetiteur.
Number of ECTS within master:
- If the participant would like to audition for the production/scenic project, he/she should send a good quality video with a French aria by 15th of May 2023.
Description of the final examination:
- Progress examination
- and final public performance (only in Full time module)
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included/ excluded in this price:
- Full time module: free for students in Erasmus Programme (Swiss Mobility Programme)
English and French
Deadline for application:
- 1st deadline: 08 May 2023
- 2nd deadline: 1 September 2023
Date for expected answers:
- 1st deadline: 08 June 2023
- 2nd deadline: 15 September 2023