Title/s to be announced
Period of the EOA module in 2023 – 2024:
From 01 October 2023 to 22 December 2023
Description of the EOA module:
Professional training and preparation for an opera role, concluding with the performance of a fully staged chamber opera production (title to be announced).
- Singing lessons
- Repertoire lessons
- Language coaching
- Musical rehearsals with the conductor, pianists and/or instrumental ensemble.
- Stage rehearsals with the stage director, the conductor and the pianists.
- Performance with piano accompaniment or instrumental ensemble
In order to study the specific roles of the production.
Kind of voice and role (Title and roles to be announced):
Specialty of this module in comparison with other courses:
Valencia is a major cultural centre and encourages immersion into the professional opera and music scene: Palau de les Arts Opera House, concerts and presentations by major international musicians,..
In addition, there are many events and festivals throughout the year (i.e. Las Fallas). With a rich history in modern architectural masterpieces (City of Arts and Sciences), Valencia’s deep, multicultural roots, cosmopolitan flavor, and warm climate to make it a true Mediterranean gem.
Also, Valencia is one of Spain’s (and Europe’s) most affordable cities for student accommodation.
Names of the professors of this module:
- Singing: Gloria Fabuel, Carlos López Galarza, Pilar Moral, Amparo Quevedo, Ofelia Sala, Charo Vallés
- Opera coaches: Laïla Barnat, Carles Budó, Pablo García-Berlanga, Adrià Gràcia, Diego Sánchez, Miquel Carbonell, Francesc Gamón
- Conductor: Juan Pablo Hellín
- Stage director: Jaume Martorell, Araceli Bergillos
Possible extras beside the module:
- Concerts at different venues in Valencia
- Attending opera performances at Palau de les Arts
- Exchange and collaboration with other students of the Conservatory working on the same production
Minimum and maximum number of EOA students
- Minimum 1 student
- Maximum 3 students
Number of teaching/production hours of the EOA module:
Teaching: The first 8 weeks
- Working with the singing teachers
- Working with the opera coaches
- Working with the conductor and vocal coaches
- Working with the stage director and vocal coaches
Production: The following 4 weeks
- Ensemble rehearsals with the singers and conductor
- Ensemble rehearsals with the singers and stage director
Number of ECTS within master accreditation:
Contact the coordinator:
The materials to submit with your application are:
- Two Videos (it can be a link to YouTube or any other platform)
- First: June 01 2023
- Second: September 01 2023
Date for expected answers:
- 1st deadline: 15 June 2023
- 2nd deadline: 15 September 2023
Description of the final Examination:
- Public performance
- Permanent Artistic Evaluation
Spanish, English, Italian, French and German
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included/excluded in this price:
- Free for students in Erasmus Programme
- Module is available within an Erasmus exchange