Period of the EOA module in 2022-2023:
- September 10th, 2022 – January 30th, 2023
- February 1st, 2023 – June 30th, 2023
Russian language phonetics and training in opera fragments of Russian composers /N. Rimski-Korsakov, P. Tchaikovski, S. Prokofiev etc./ together with local students. Daily lessons in Opera studio “Figaro”.
Possibility to participate in rehearsals/performances of “The Queen of Spades” at the National Opera.
Possibility to master Russian language: perception, listening, speaking, reading, communication skills.
In addition EOA students will be offered tailor-made programme:
- Singing lessons – opera repertoire vocal coaching
- Work with pianist
- Acting skills
- Stage movement and dance
- Contemporary ear training techniques
- Vocal ensemble
- Chamber singing
Specialty of this module in comparison with other courses in Europe:
Possibility to combine extended studies of Russian opera repertoire with Russian- speaking teachers and in the live language environment.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module:
- Kristine Gailite http://www.kristinegailite.com
- Krisjanis Norvelis http://www.opera.lv/en/artists/opera-soloists/bass/krisjanis-norvelis
- Janis Apeinis http://www.opera.lv/en/artists/opera-soloists/baritones/janis-apeinis
- Viesturs Gailis, conductor, Artistic Director of Opera Studio Figaro http://www.jvlma.lv/english/readers/4178.html
- Antra Jankava http://www.jvlma.lv/english/readers/4177.html
- Regina Kaupuza, choreographer
Possible extra’s beside the module:
(e.g. supplementary programmes, city culture, language)
Supplementary tailor-made study programme, free entrance in all National Opera performances (except premieres and guest performances), very intensive concert activities, city culture.
Minimum and maximum number of students:
1 – 2 max
Number of teaching / production hours of the EOA module:
According to study programme on selected courses
Number of ECTS within bachelor/ master accreditation:
24 – 30 ECTS (depending on courses selected)
Deadline of application and requirements:
- April 15th , 2022
- September 15th , 2022
- Recordings (DVD, YouTube) via EOA Application form
- Artistic CV
Description of the final examination
Public performance of opera fragment(s)
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included / excluded in this price:
- EUR 1360 p/semester (travel and subsistence not included)
- Free for ERASMUS + students and trainees. (Students must provide their own accommodation, meals and traveling costs).