Period of the EOA module in 2020-21:
September, October, November (term dates: August 24- December 18)
Description of the EOA module:
CAMERATA Baroque ensemble- Build and perfect your vocal technique and performance skills through collaboration.
- 1-3 singers
- 1-4 Baroque instrumentalist primarily, strings and continuo players
This module will consist of:
- Voice lessons with a team of voice teachers
- Performance classes
- Lunchtime recital series managed by students
- Collaborative music making with experts in Baroque interpretation leading to a performance of and demanding vocal and instrumental work or programme based on a specified theme from the Baroque period. Public performance in collaboration with Reykjavík Opera Days. (16 ECTS)*
*For instrumentalist a personalised program of practical courses will be put together depending on your needs.
- International phonetics IPA (2ECTS)
- Dramatic interpretation classes (2ECTS)
- Movement classes (2ECTS)
- Opera scenes (2ECTS)
- Vocal improvisation (2ECTS)
- Music, culture and society, lectures (4ECTS)
Specialty of this module in comparison with other courses in Europe
The collaborative learning environment that is the core of the Voice Department gives you a unique opportunity to develop your individuality as a singing artist. You will build your vocal technique and interpretive skills while working with a team of expert voice teachers who work in tandem empowering you to clarify your goals and make your own choices. A number of performance opportunities gives you valuable possibilities and practical experience in managing and leading projects. Working on baroque interpretation in an ensemble setting making music together with skilled professionals will give hands on experience. The relatively small size of the music department makes it a very flexible learning environment and a fertile ground for initiative and creative ideas.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module
- Thora Einarsdottir (voice and performance)
- Matthildur Anna Gísladóttir (coach, piano accompaniment)
- Sigurður Halldórsson (music director)
- Ólöf Kolbrún Harðardóttir (voice and performance)
- Hanna Dóra Sturludóttir (voice and performance)
- Kristinn Sigmundsson (voice and performance)
Up to 20 hours pr. week
Possible extra’s beside the module:
- Icelandic for beginners (4ECTS)
- Deadline: April 15
- by submission of unedited video
- performing 3 contrasting arias or songs in at least two different languages
- Motivation letter
Description of the final Examination
- Assessment based on students journaling and self-assessment across project (50%)
- Performance in project (50%)
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included / excluded in this price:
- Module is available within an Erasmus exchange, for students at BA level in vocal performance and for some instrumentalists.
- Participants pay for their own accommodation and travel.