Period of the EOA module in 2021-2022:
- From 1st February 2022 to 17th April 2022
Description of the EOA module:
- Training and professional preparation of an opera part, concluded with the performance of a fully staged chamber opera production (title to be announced).
- This includes:
- Singing lessons
- Vocal coaching
- Language coaching
- Musical rehearsals with the conductor, pianists and orchestra
- Scenic rehearsals with the stage director, conductor and pianists.
In order to study the specific roles of the production.
Kind of voice and role:
- Figaro, baritone
- Conte, baritone
- Bartolo, baritone or bass
- Basilio, tenor
- Cherubino, mezzosoprano
- Marcelina, soprano or mezzosoprano
Specialty of this module in comparison with other courses:
Valencia is a major cultural centre and encourages immersion into the professional opera and music scene: Palau de les Arts Opera House, concerts and presentations by major international musicians,..
In addition, there are many events and festivals throughout the year (i.e. Las Fallas). With a rich history in modern architectural masterpieces (City of Arts and Sciences), Valencia’s deep, multicultural roots, cosmopolitan flavor, and warm climate to make it a true Mediterranean gem.
Also, Valencia is one of Spain’s (and Europe’s) most affordable cities for student accommodation.
Names of the professors of this module:
- Singing: Gloria Fabuel, Carlos López Galarza, Pilar Moral, Amparo Quevedo, Ofelia Sala, Charo Vallés
- Opera coaches: Laïla Barnat, Carles Budó, Pablo García-Berlanga, Adrià Gràcia, Diego Sánchez
- Conductor: Francesc Gamón
- Stage director: Jaume Martorell
Possible extras beside the module
- Concerts at different venues in Valencia
- Opera sofa: Performance of opera highlights
- Attending opera performances at Palau de les Arts
- Exchange and collaboration with other students of the Conservatory working on the same production.
Minimum and maximum number of EOA students
- Minimum 1 student
- Maximum 6 students (one per each role)
Number of teaching/production hours of the EOA module:
Teaching: The first 8 weeks
- Working with the singing teacher (individual classes)
- Working with the opera coach (individual classes)
- Working with the conductor and vocal coach (as a group)
- Working with the stage director (as a group)
Production: The following 4 weeks
- Ensemble rehearsals with the conductor
- Stage-orchestra rehearsals
- Performances at the Concert Hall of the Conservatory Superior of Music
Number of ECTS within master accreditation:
Contact the coordinator:
The materials to submit with your application are:
- Two Videos (it can be a link to YouTube or any other platform)
- May 31st 2021
- September 15th 2021
Description of the final Examination:
Public performance of a fully staged chamber opera at the Concert Hall of the Conservatory Superior of Music
Spanish, English, Italian, French and German
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included/excluded in this price:
- Free for students in Erasmus Programme
- Module is available within an Erasmus exchange
Charo Vallés, Coordinator Master Operatic Performance email@example.com