Period of the EOA module in 2023-2024:
February – March 2024
Gain hands-on experience as a repetiteur in a fully staged opera. Learn the craft under the baton of maestro Federico Santi and work closely together with the conductor and singers during the rehearsal process to gain insight into the life of an opera pianist.
- 1 or 2 piano students or conducting students with a pianistic background.
The coaching includes:
- working with a professional conductor/director
- a professional stage director individual vocal coaching on style, interpretation and applied technique by our vocal staff.
- language coaching (depending on the language of the programmed opera)
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module:
- Musical director – Federico Santi
Possible extras besides the module
- Individual coaching, the possibility to participate in non-opera group and individual lessons as an accompanist.
Number of teaching/production hours of the EOA module
- 20-30 hours a week of production rehearsals
Via the application form on the EOA website. Keep in mind that you will need to include:
- Motivation letter
- Videos: 2 pieces accompanying a singer
- The piano dress rehearsal
- Evaluation and feedback from the musical director
- Certificate of Participation
Teaching language and the Required level of language
English will be the primary language, so the ability to communicate fluently is necessary.
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included /excluded in this price
Available through Erasmus, living costs are to be covered by the applicant.
Deadline for application:
- 1st deadline: 8 May 2023. Answers from EOA are expected on 8 June 2023
- 2nd deadline: 1 September 2023. Answers on 15 September 2023